1 sweet potato, 2 large baking potatoes, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. black pepper, 2 tsp. chopped fresh dill, 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, 1 cup regular breadcrumbs, 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese, 2 eggs, 1 oz. heavy cream, 1 cup all-purpose flour, vegetable oil for frying.
Recipe: Peel and cut the potatoes to large chunks. Boil the potatoes, strain and mash them. Add the garlic powder, fresh dill, and season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Mix the panko and regular breadcrumbs with the Parmesan cheese and put the mixture in a shallow bowl. Beat lightly the eggs with the cream and pour the mixture in a bowl. Put the flour in a third bowl. Form oval shaped croquettes from the potato mixture and dredge them in the flour, then dip them in the eggs and roll them in the breadcrumbs to coat them completely. Deep-fry the croquettes for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Put the croquettes on tissue paper for 1 minute after frying to remove any excess oil. Serve the potato croquettes with cucumber-dill sauce for dipping, or another sauce you desire.
20 large escargots from a can, 20 small mushrooms, stems removed, 3 tablespoons butter, 3 garlic cloves, chopped, 1 oz. white wine, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, 1/4 cup grated mozzarella, chopped chives or lemongrass (optional), salt and pepper to taste.
This escargot recipe is similar to the Escargots à la Bourguignonne recipe with the major difference of using mushroom cups for serving it instead of the snail shells.
1. Melt the butter in a large heavy pan and saute the garlic for 1 or 2 minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms and the escargot and cook until the mushrooms are soft.
3. Deglaze with the white wine and add the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
4. Serve the escargots in the mushroom cups, top each one with a little grated mozzarella cheese and drizzle the butter-garlic sauce from the pan over the escargots.
5. Broil each bowl under the broiler briefly until the cheese is fully melted and serve with garlic bread.
Did you know that some people consider the escargot as seafood, therefore suitable for vegetarians?
Original gourmet recipes with food pictures and inspirational cooking ideas for elegant fine dining by a professional chef.