4 10-inch tortillas, white or whole wheat, 8 oz. grated cheddar (or cheddar and mozza combo), 2 five-ounce boneless and skinless chicken breasts, taco seasoning to taste.
Butterfly the chicken breasts and season them with taco seasoning.
2. Cook the chicken breasts over cast-iron pan at medium-high temperature.
3. Let the cooked chicken sit for 5 minutes before you dice it.
4. Shread the cheese and dice the chicken breasts.
5. Set up the chicken quesadillas by dividing the cheese and chicken between the four tortillas as seen on the photo, only on one side. Season each quesadilla with taco seasonong to taste.
6. Close the quesadilla by flipping the empty side over the ingredients, and cook the chicken quesadillas on both sides in a 10-inch cast-iron pan over medium temperature until they are lightly browned, two at a time.
7. When the quesadillas are ready, cut each to 3 pieces and serve with salsa and sour cream if desired.
So, you have a box of individually frozen chicken breasts and are wondering if you can cook them frozen? The answer is yes, and I will show you how to get a better result by cooking the chicken breast frozen, then if you had thawed them.
Arrange the chicken breasts skin-side up over parchment paper in a baking tray. The size of the chicken breasts only matter for the cooking time. You can use any size chicken breasts with this technique, skinless or with the skin on.
Spray the chicken breasts with canola cooking spray and shake some Montreal chicken seasoning on top.
3. Preheat a convection oven to 325 F. Place the tray with the frozen chicken breasts on the middle rack in the oven.
4. Cook the frozen chicken breasts with the oven fan at Low for about 20-30 minutes, depending on size, or until ready. Turn the tray around halfway through cooking to allow to cook evenly. The chicken breasts are ready when internal temperature reaches 175 F.
5. When the chicken breasts are ready, transfer them to a hotel pan and use them for whatever you need to use them.
If you are wondering whether cooking chicken breasts frozen produces juicy cooked chicken, see the photo below.
The chicken breasts retained a lot more moisture when cooked frozen. Cheers and enjoy. If you have any questions, please, don’t hesitate to ask in the comments below, or let me know how it goes for you. It is possible to cook frozen chicken breasts in conventional oven, too.
Vol-au-vent is a great French dish made with a puff pastry shell and a creamy filling. It can be served as a main course, as well as an appetizer.
Frozen puff pastry sheets, as needed, 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast, 3 tbsp. butter, 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour, 1 garlic clove, chopped, 1 shallot, chopped, 1/2 cup 18% cream, 1 cup chicken stock, 1-2 sprigs of fresh thyme.
1. You can use square or round puff pastry sheets. Cut half-way through the puff pastry at 1 centimeter from the edge and bake according to package instructions. After the vol-au-vent shells are baked, let them sit for 5-10 minutes, and then remove with a fork the cut-up middle part, which will serve as the lid.
2. Melt the butter in a heavy frying pan and saute the garlic and shallots. Add the flour and make a roux. Add the cream while stirring and then add the cricken stock. Make sure that the sauce has no lumps of flour in it by stirring vigorously.
3. Add the cooked chicken, fresh chopped thyme and season to taste with salt and pepper. Now you have to have in the pan something very similar to chicken pot pie stuffing. Optional: You can thicken the sauce some more with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
4. Spoon the stuffing in the warm vol-au-vent shells and serve.
Steamed, shelled edamame beans, diced tomatoes, chopped romaine lettuce, diced red bell peppers, baked chicken breast, salad noodles
For the dressing: fresh chopped cilantro, fresh chopped scallions, ketchup, ginger powder, sugar, salt, chili flakes, white vinegar, freshly toasted sesame seeds
Recipe: For this Thai Chicken Salad recipe, I am intentionally not giving any measurements, just the ingredients, because everything can be used to taste. Just season the chicken breasts lightly and bake them in the oven until the enternal temperature reaches 170 F. In the meantime, steam the edamame beans, and then cool them down under cold running water.
1. Mix all the dressing ingredients together to taste. Dip a peace of lettuce and taste the dressing before leaving it to the side for at least 10 minutes in order to properly blend flavors.
2. Let the chicken breasts cool down and then dice them.
3. Put all the salad ingredients in a bowl and add the dressing.
4. Mix well and serve with the salad noodles on top.
Original gourmet recipes with food pictures and inspirational cooking ideas for elegant fine dining by a professional chef.