16 big mushroom caps, (called stuffers),
1 single package cream cheese,
4 oz crab meat, diced,
1 Tbsp. chopped onion,
1 handful fresh baby spinach,
3 garlic cloves, chopped,
1 Tbsp. butter,
1 Tbsp. chopped red pepper,
16 thin slices of aged cheddar,
salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the butter and saute the mushroom caps. Season with salt and pepper.
- In the same pan saute the pepper, onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add the crab meat and baby spinach, and cook for about 1 minute more, until the spinach is wilted. Remove from heat.
- Add the softened cream cheese and mix well.
- Fill the mushroom cups with the mixture and top with the aged cheddar.
- Bake the stuffed mushrooms in the oven until the cheddar cheese is melted.
- Serve four stuffed mushrooms with a little salad in each plate, as appetizer.
- (Optional): Panko bread crumbs can be added to the mushroom stuffing mixture.