So, you have a box of individually frozen chicken breasts and are wondering if you can cook them frozen? The answer is yes, and I will show you how to get a better result by cooking the chicken breast frozen, then if you had thawed them.
- Arrange the chicken breasts skin-side up over parchment paper in a baking tray. The size of the chicken breasts only matter for the cooking time. You can use any size chicken breasts with this technique, skinless or with the skin on.
- Spray the chicken breasts with canola cooking spray and shake some Montreal chicken seasoning on top.
3. Preheat a convection oven to 325 F. Place the tray with the frozen chicken breasts on the middle rack in the oven.
4. Cook the frozen chicken breasts with the oven fan at Low for about 20-30 minutes, depending on size, or until ready. Turn the tray around halfway through cooking to allow to cook evenly. The chicken breasts are ready when internal temperature reaches 175 F.
5. When the chicken breasts are ready, transfer them to a hotel pan and use them for whatever you need to use them.
If you are wondering whether cooking chicken breasts frozen produces juicy cooked chicken, see the photo below.
The chicken breasts retained a lot more moisture when cooked frozen. Cheers and enjoy. If you have any questions, please, don’t hesitate to ask in the comments below, or let me know how it goes for you. It is possible to cook frozen chicken breasts in conventional oven, too.