4 large ripe beefstake tomatoes,
2-3 balls of fresh buffalo mozzarella, (formaggio di bufala)
4 tablespoons pasto sauce,
sea salt to taste,
some leaf lettuce for decoration,
freshly ground black pepper to taste,
fresh parsley sprig or basil for decoration.
- Slice each tomato to 4-5 slices and sprinkle some sea salt on each slice.
- Arrange the tomato slices on stacks, as seen in the picture below, and put a teaspoon of pesto sauce and a slice of buffalo mozzarella between the tomato slices.
- Serve each stack of caprese salad on a plate over some leaf lettuce and grind some black pepper on top.
- Decorate the caprese salads with fresh parsley or basil.
- This salad is very easy and doesn’t take any major cooking skills to prepare. Preparation time is only 10 minutes. For best results serve the salad slightly chilled, but not cold. If you have balsamic reduction ready, you can sprinkle it around the edges of the plate for decoration. Cheers.