2 lb lean ground beef,
1 cup parboiled rice,
360 ml. water,
1 can black beans,
3 oz BBQ sauce,
1/2 onion, sliced,
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced,
Taco seasoning to taste,
1 Tbsp. olive oil,
shredded cheddar, as needed,
8 12-inch flour tortillas
- Brown the ground beef with the red pepper and onion in a large heavy skillet with the olive oil. Season the beef to taste with the taco seasoning.
- Put the rice and the water in a saucepan with a heavy lid and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a low simmering without lifting the lid until the rice is ready.
- Bake the black beans with the bbq sauce in a preheated oven at 350 F for about 20 minutes.
- Place some of the beef, rice, baked beans and shredded cheddar in the middle of each tortilla and fold the burritos.
- Cook each burrito until lightly toasted and the cheddar inside is melted, on a flat-top grill or in a cast-iron pan.
- Cut each burrito in the middle on a bias and serve with salsa and sour cream.