FILET MIGNON IN A CREAMY PEPPERCORN BRANDY SAUCE
Filet Mignon with Peppercorn-Brandy Sauce
4 - 8 oz. each - filet mignon,
2 tablespoons diced shallots,
1 teaspoon minced garlic,
1 tablespoon cracked peppercorns,
30 ml. brandy,
1/2 cup heavy cream,
1/2 cup demi-glace,
1 tablespoon butter,
sea salt to taste.
1. Season the filet mignon and broil them to the desired doneness.
2. In the meantime, heat the butter in a skillet and saute the shallots and garlic until soft.
3. Deglaze with the brandy, but make sure to keep your face away from the skillet in case it catches fire.
4. Add the peppercorns, cream and demi-glace and reduce the sauce.
5. Finish the filet mignon in the skillet with the sauce for 1-2 minutes and serve with the peppercorn and brandy sauce on top.
Tip: Check my recipe for
Filet Mignon Gorgonzola to see the photo with my suggested presentation for this recipe.
George Krumov is a Red Seal certified chef with many years of culinary experience working around the world in Europe, the Middle East, the cruise line industry and North America. In the last two decades he has headed the kitchens of several restaurants in Canada, and ran his own restaurant. About the author:
Home Page | Contact | Comments | Food Articles
Filet Mignon Recipe With Brandy Sauce | Copyright © FinestChef.com