Rigatoni with Eggplant - Rigatoni Melanzana
Ingredients for 2-3 portions:
1 package rigatoni pasta,
2 cups of this pasta sauce,
2 tablespoons olive oil,
1 medium eggplant, diced and most of
the seeds removed,
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil,
2 garlic cloves, chopped,
1 small onion, chopped,
2 oz. dry white wine,
some freshly chopped parsley,
salt and pepper to taste.
1. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and saute the eggplant, onion and garlic for about 5 minutes.
2. Deglaze with the white wine and add the pasta sauce and fresh basil.
3. Cook the sauce for about 10 minutes over low heat.
4. In the meantime, boil the rigatoni according to the package instruction, usually about 12 minutes or 9 minutes for al-dente.
5. Strain the boiled rigatoni and toss them in the pan with the eggplant sauce.
6. Serve the rigatoni pasta immediately and sprinkle it with some freshly chopped parsley on top.