1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over high temperature and saute the garlic, onion, ginger and diced vegetables for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add the mussels and when they start opening, deglaze with the white wine.
3. Add the chicken base and oyster sauce two minutes later and cook for another four minutes in order to reduce the sauce.
4. At the end, remove any unopened mussels and add the fresh cilantro.
5. Serve the oriental mussels in a bowl and pour the sauce over them.
I created this mussels recipe for a tapas bar with some fusion influence, and it has been a tremendously successful item in the menu ever since.
See my other mussels recipe, here.