Beef with Ginger and Lemongrass
10 oz. thinly sliced beef,
1 1/2 cup rice,
1 carrot, sliced,
1 cup mushrooms, quartered,
1 onion, diced,
1 bunch baby bok choy,
1 teaspoon chopped ginger,
2 lemongrass sticks,
4 tablespoons soy sauce,
4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce,
4 cloves garlic, chopped,
2 tablespoons vegetable oil,
1 teaspoon oyster sauce (optional).
1. Peel the hard leaves of the lemongrass and grate the rest.
2. Cook the rice in rice cooker.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok pan and saute the garlic and onion over high heat for 2 minutes.
4. Add the remaining vegetables and beef, and saute until the beef is cooked, about 5 minutes.
5. Deglaze with the soy sauce and teriyaki and toss to coat the food in the sauce.
6. At the end you can add little oyster sauce, as well.
7. Divide the rice in four plates and serve the oriental beef over the rice.