1. For the pizza dough recipe go to this page on my blog.
2. Once you have the pizza dough ready for the Mexican pizza, spread evenly over the pizza dough several spoonfuls of salsa and apply your favourite Mexican toppings.
Don't forget that one of the main rules for making a great pizza is "Don't put too much of anything".
3. Sprinkle the Mexican pizza lightly with mozzarella and cheddar cheese on top.
4. Cook in a preheated oven at 375 F, or over the B-B-Q until the pizza crust is crispy and golden brown.
5. If you like cilantro, sprinkle some chopped cilantro over the Mexican pizza when it's ready.
I do believe that pizza can be not only casual, but also a gourmet food. I, also, believe that a gourmet pizza must be thin and crispy, like this one.
Mexican pizza is a healthy, all-natural pizza reminding me of a traditional Mediterranean pizza.
If you like an extra crispy pizza crust, roll the dough over some panko breadcrumbs mixed with little flour, before putting it in the pizza pan.
If using a pizza stone, you should pre-heat the stone in the oven before putting the pizza on it.