1. Spread evenly the refried beans in a large shallow baking dish.
2. Seed and peel the avocados, dice them and toss them in a bowl with the lime juice and chopped cilantro.
3. Spread the avocado over the refried beans, followed by the sour cream, cooked hamburger meat, salsa, chopped lettuce and cheddar cheese.
4. Cover the taco dip with cling wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving in order to blend flavors.
5. Serve cold with tortilla chips on the side.
6. (Optional - You can sprinkle some sliced jalapeno peppers from a can over the sour cream while layering the Mexican taco dip.)
This recipe is for a party-size tray of Mexican taco dip.