2 cups pineapple tidbits,
1/2 red bell pepper, small dice,
2 tbsp. chopped scallions,
1 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro,
1/4 cup fresh lime juice,
1 small jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional),
1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil,
4 mahi mahi steaks,
salt and pepper to taste.
1. Combine the ingredients for the pineapple salsa and mix them in a bowl.
2. Cover with plastic wrap and let the salsa stay at room temperature for a while to blend the flavors.
3. Brush the mahi mahi steaks with oil and season them with salt and pepper.
4. Grill the mahi mahi on a hot grill for 4-5 minutes on each side.
5. Serve the grilled mahi mahi steaks and top them with the pineapple salsa.
If using fresh pineapple, you can grill it a little bit before cutting the slices to tidbits for the salsa.
About the author: George Krumov is a Red Seal certified chef with many years of culinary experience working around the world in Europe, the Middle East, the cruise line industry and North America. In the last two decades he has headed the kitchens of several restaurants in Canada, and ran his own restaurant.