1. In a mixing bowl combine the egg yolks and sugar and whisk until the sugar dissolves.
2. In a saucepan combine the whipping cream and milk and bring to a boil.
3. As soon as it boils, remove from fire and let cool down for about 10 minutes.
4. Stir regularly to prevent "skin" forming on the surface.
5. Whisk the cream and milk mixture slowly into the yolks.
6. Add the Kahlua liquor and mix well.
7. Ladle the creme brulee mixture into the ramekins and arrange them in 2 hotel pans.
8. Pour hot water in the hotel pans to the middle of the ramekins and put them in a preheated oven at 300 F.
9. Bake uncovered for about 1 hour. The cooking time depends on your oven. If using convection oven, the cooking time will most likely be a lot less.
10. Check regularly after the first half hour of baking and turn the hotel pans around in the oven if they are not cooking evenly.
11. When the creme brulee is set and no more wobbly when you shake it lightly, remove them from the oven and let them cool down until cold enough to put in the refrigerator.
12. When the creme brulee is completely cold, sprinkle little sugar on top and caramelize it with a pastry torch.
This recipe is enough for 12 ramekins of Kahlua Creme Brulee.
Also, see my recipe for Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee.