4 (6 oz. each) halibut steaks,
1 tsp. minced garlic,
1 small onion, finely chopped,
1 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro,
1 tsp. grated orange peel,
2 tbsp. fresh lime juice,
1/3 cup orange juice concentrate,
1 tbsp. butter,
1 teaspoon sugar,
salt and pepper to taste.
1. Rinse and pat dry the halibut steaks and arrange them in a greased baking dish.
2. In a large skillet, heat the butter and saute the garlic and onion for 3 minutes.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the citrus glaze over medium heat for a couple of minutes, or until it is the thickness of syrup.
5. Pour the citrus glaze over the halibut steaks and put them in a preheated oven.
6. Bake at 425 F for about 10-15 minutes or until the halibut flakes easily.
7. Serve the citrus baked halibut steaks with saffron rice made with toasted pine nuts and chopped red bell peppers.
About the author: George Krumov is a Red Seal certified chef with many years of culinary experience working around the world in Europe, the Middle East, the cruise line industry and North America. In the last two decades he has headed the kitchens of several restaurants in Canada, and ran his own restaurant.