8 large sun-ripened tomatoes,
4 cups chicken stock,
1 bell pepper of each color, red, yellow and green peppers,
2 celery stalks,
1 cup sliced olives,
1 Tbsp. freshly chopped parsley,
3 lemons, juiced,
1 teaspoon salt,
3 Tbsp. olive oil,
freshly baked garlic-herb croutons.
1. Core the tomatoes and drop them in boiling water for 1 minute, then transfer them in iced water and peel them.
2. Add the tomatoes, olive oil, chicken stock, lemon juice and 2 cups of iced water to a blender and blend them until smooth.
You can, instead, use a stick blender if you have one, which is even easier to use.
3. Chop the vegetables finely and add them to the soup.
4. Cover the gazpacho soup and keep it refrigerated for at least 1 hour to blend together the flavors.
5. Serve the gazpacho soup cold from the fridge with a handful of fresh croutons on top.
Please check my other recipe for Gazpacho Soup using different ingredients.
About the author: George Krumov is a Red Seal certified chef with many years of culinary experience working around the world in Europe, the Middle East, the cruise line industry and North America. In the last two decades he has headed the kitchens of several restaurants in Canada, and ran his own restaurant.