Ingredients for 1 big pizza:
1 cup pizza sauce,
14 oz. pizza dough, recipe here,
10 oz. shredded semi-skimmed mozzarella cheese,
2 roma tomatoes, sliced thinly,
1/2 handful sliced black olives,
4 sliced mushrooms,
1 roasted red pepper, cut to strips,
1 large pinch salt,
black pepper to taste,
1/4 cup all-purpose flour,
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil.
I call this pizza "The Big Tomato Pizza" because of the double use of tomato - the tomato sauce plus freshly sliced roma tomato. You can even substitute the roma tomato with bruschetta mix.
1. Sprinkle some flour over your cooking surface and roll the pizza dough to the size of a 14-inch pizza pan.
2. Grease the pizza pan with the olive oil and sprinkle some flour on it.
3. Transfer the pizza dough over the pizza pan and apply the toppings.
4. Put more toppings around the edge and less in the centre. Bake the pizza at 375 F for 15 minutes.
5. Remove the pizza pan from under the pizza halfway through the cooking and leave the pizza on the oven racks to crispen the bottom.