Pizza crust recipe:
1. Combine the yeast with a cup of warm water and let it sit for 10 minutes to bloom. You don't need to follow this step if you are using instant yeast.
2. Place the 3 cups of flour, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl (or food processor, if you are using) and add the yeast.
3. Knead until you have smooth dough, while adding slowly as much water as needed.
4. Cover the dough with cling wrap and leave it in a warm place for 25 minutes to proof.
5. Divide the dough to 2 balls and roll them with a rolling pin over the whole wheat flour.
6. If you will use a non-perforated pizza pan for the oven, grease it with the oil, before putting the pizza on it.
Alternatively, you can cook the pizza over the B-B-Q.
Cooking tip: If you like an extra crispy pizza crust, roll the dough over some panko breadcrumbs mixed with little flour, before putting it on the pizza pan.
Recipe for mushroom ragout:
Sliced mushrooms (cremini, portabello, button, shitake);
porcini powder, as needed;
1 small onion, chopped;
1 tsp. minced garlic;
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
1. Sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil and add the remaining ingredients.
2. Cook until au sec (most of the liquid evaporates) and season to taste.
Porcini powder is made by baking some dried porcini until they are crunchy, then let them cool down and powder them in a food processor.
You won't be able to grind the dried porcini unless they are toasted first.