1. Slice the cucumbers diagonallyon a bias into 1/4-inch thick slices.
2. Soften the cream cheese and mix it with the cocktail sauce, sour cream and chopped dill.
3. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste.
4. Cook the shrimp in boiling water until pink, approximately 3-4 minutes.
5. Cool down the shrimp in ice bath, and slice them horizontally in the middle.
6. Fill the cream cheese mixture in a piping bag with a large star-shaped tip attached.
(Alternatively, you can use a small spoon).
7. Pipe a cream cheese florette over each cucumber slice and top it with half shrimp and a caper.
8. Drizzle some lime juice over the ready appetizer and serve cold.
The cucumber and shrimp bites are a very good option for a large appetizer party platter, and can be prepared several hours in advance.
Tip: You might have to pat dry each cucumber slice with a clean kitchen towel, before applying the cream cheese mix, so it sticks better.