1. Peel and cut the potatoes to chunks.
2. Heat the oil in a large heavy saucepan, and saute the onion, garlic, carrot, and celery for 5 minutes.
3. Add the potatoes and curry powder, and saute for 3 more minutes.
4. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce the temperature and simmer until the potatoes are soft.
6. Blend the soup with a stick blender, season to taste with salt and pepper, and add the cream.
7. In the meantime, grill or roast the sausage, slice it thinly and add it to the potato soup.
8. At the end, add the fresh cilantro and serve.
I served the curried potato soup with a teaspoon of chopped red pepper for decoration.