300 ml. whole milk,
1 cup pastry flour,
2 large eggs,
1 pinch salt,
1 tablespoon sugar,
2 tablespoons vegetable oil,
1 tablespoon vanilla extract,
1 tsp. powdered sugar,
little butter for greasing the frying pan,
1. Put the ingredients for the crepes in a mixing bowl, including the oil and blend with a stick blender until the batter is smooth.
2. Grease slightly a non-stick pan (or a heavy skillet) and apply about 2 and a half ounces of the batter for each crepe.
3. Flip the crepe when one side is light brown.
4. Make 10 thin crepes.
5. Spread some peach jam over the ready crepes and roll them.
6. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
I blended some peanut butter with chocolate syrup to drizzle on top of the crepes. You can use any store-bought chocolate syrup, if desired.
Cooking tip: For a more authentic French crepe, add a tablespoon of buckwheat flour to the crepe batter.
About the author: George Krumov is a Red Seal certified chef with many years of culinary experience working around the world in Europe, the Middle East, the cruise line industry and North America. In the last two decades he has headed the kitchens of several restaurants in Canada, and ran his own restaurant.