2 cornish hens,
4 Tbsp. honey,
4 Tbsp. orange juice concentrate,
2 slices of bread, diced,
1 small onion, chopped,
1/4 cup dried cranberries,
1 celery stalk, sliced,
1 tsp. brown sugar,
1 tsp. poultry seasoning,
1 Tbsp. butter,
salt and pepper to taste.
1. Heat the butter in a pan and saute the onion for 3 minutes.
2. Add the bread, cranberries, celery, sugar and seasoning and stir for 4 minutes.
3. Fill the hen's cavities with the stuffing.
4. Brush the cornish hens with oil and season them with salt and pepper.
5. Mix the honey with the orange concentrate and baste the hens.
6. Roast the stuffed cornish hens at medium-high temperature for about 45 minutes or until ready, basting them every 10-15 minutes with the orange glaze.
See also my recipe for
Honey and mustard seed glazed cornish hen.
George Krumov is a Red Seal certified chef with many years of culinary experience working around the world in Europe, the Middle East, the cruise line industry and North America. In the last two decades he has headed the kitchens of several restaurants in Canada, and ran his own restaurant. About the author:
Home Page | Contact | Comments