1. Combine in a mixing bowl the graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 of the sugar and the melted butter and mix well.
2. Press the crust mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform cake pan and chill it in a refrigerator for 20 minutes.
3. In the meantime, beat the cream cheese with the rest of the sugar and the vanilla extract until they are mixed well.
4. Melt the chocolate over double boiler and add it to the mixture pouring it in a thin streak and slowly.
5. Add the eggs one by one and keep beating until blended.
6. Pour the mixture into the crust. Bake in a preheated oven at 325 F for 50 minutes or until the centre of the cheesecake is set.
7. Let it cool down for 10 minutes and in the meantime melt the caramel sweets.
8. Pour the caramel over the cheesecake, cut each brownie to 4 pieces and stick them around the edges of the cheesecake.
9. Refrigerate the caramel cheesecake for at least 6 hours before cutting and serving.