1. Put all the ingredients for the sponge cake layers in a bowl and mix them well using a whisk or an wooden spoon while adding gradually some water or milk.
2. Keep mixing until the texture of a very thick pancake batter is achieved.
3. Grease two round cake forms with some butter, and pour the cake batter evenly in both.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 400 F for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
5. Remove the cake layers from the oven and let them cool down without removing them from the form until they cool down.
6. Sprinkle the sponge cake layers with the syrup and let them sit for a few minutes.
7. In the meantime, put the chocolate and cream in a glass measuring cup and place the cup in a large heavy pan.
8. Add hot water to the pan and turn the heat to low, until the chocolate all is melted. Keep it warm.
9. Your strawberries need to be cold and dry before you start dipping them in the melted chocolate. Hold each strawberry by the green leaves and dip it in the chocolate briefly.
10. Place the chocolate-dipped strawberries in a pan over parchment paper, and refrigerate until firmly set. Keep the remaining chocolate warm.
11. Mix the ingredients for the frosting in a mixing bowl until smooth.
12. Spread the frosting in between the two cake layers.
13. Spread the remaining chocolate on top of the cake and on its sides, and place the chocolate-dipped strawberries on top of it.
14. Refrigerate the cake for a few hours before serving.