1. Rince and cook the rice over low heat until all the water is absorbed without lifting the lid or stirring during cooking.
2. Let the rice stand for 10 minutes more after cooking.
3. After that fan the rice for 5 minutes until almost all of the steam is gone.
Chirashi is traditionally made with seasoned vinegared rice, however I find it more tasty with plain rice.
4. Slice the avocado and the fish thinly.
5. Roast the red pepper lightly and slice it as well.
6. Place the rice in four bowls and top it with the fish slices and the vegetables.
7. Sprinkle the chirashi bowls with some toasted sesame seeds.
Chirashi is often called scattered sushi, however it doesn't have to be scattered. You can arrange it aestetically in whatever fashion you like. It is basically sashimi served over rice.