1. Cut the beef tenderloin tip across the grain to 8 slices. If you have difficulty cutting it, you can wrap it and keep it in the freezer for 40 minutes for easy cutting.
2. Place the beef slices over a piece of cling wrap and cover them with another piece of wrap.
3. Pound the meat lightly until it is very thin.
4. Toss the spring mix with the red wine vinaigrette and put one handful of salad in the center of each plate for the carpaccio.
5. Arrange the capraccio slices in 2 large dinner plates like in the picture above.
6. Drizzle the beef carpaccio with the lemon juice and olive oil, season to taste with salt and pepper, and top with some shaved Parmigiano cheese and chopped basil leaves.
7. Serve the beef carpaccio immediately.
This carpaccio recipe goes well with Shiraz, but might pair well with other wines as well.
Cooking tip: You can prepare some extra of the dressing for carpaccio and use it to toss your spring mix salad with the rest of it, instead of the red wine vinaigrette.