1. Pour 2 litres of water in a saucepan, place the chicken in the water and bring to a boil.
2. Skim the surface from the impurities and reduce the temperature to a simmer.
3. Keep skimming the stock when necessary until the chicken is cooked.
4. Remove the chicken from the saucepan and add the other ingredients.
5. Skin and debone the chicken and dice the meat. Add it to the soup.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with chopped chives.
This soup can't be stored for more than 5-6 hours, because the plantain will change its color and it won't be presentable. You can still eat it, though. The plantain in this recipe can be substituted with sweet potato, regular potato, or simply omitted.