1. Cut the butternut squash in the middle and remove the seeds.
2. Put the two halves, skin down, in a roasting pan, and put 3 cloves of garlic in each cavity.
3. Drizzle with oil and brown sugar and roast the butternut squash at medium temperature until soft and caramelized.
4. Remove from the oven and let it sit for a while, to be cool enough to handle.
5. Pour the chicken stock and cream in a saucepan.
6. With a spoon, scoop the butternut squash and throw out the skin. Add the squash pulp to the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
7. Grate finely the ginger root and add it to the soup.
8. Simmer for 10 minutes and remove from heat.
9. Blend the Butternut Squash and Ginger Soup with a stick blender and add the white vinegar.
10. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
The butternut squash and ginger soup can be prepared dairy-free by replacing the cream with some more chicken stock, or adding coconut cream instead.