1. Rinse and pat dry the whole chicken.
2. Rub the chicken with the olive oil and season it with the paprika, salt and paper on the inside and outside.
3. Place the rosemary in the chicken's cavity and put it in the paper bag.
4. Place the paper bag in a baking dish and rub the bag generously with the butter. Make sure the paper bag is nicely folded under the chicken.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for about 2 hours or until the chicken falls easily off the bones.
This recipe works best in a convection oven. If you are using a conventional oven, make sure you baste the paper bag often.
6. Let the baked chicken rest for about 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Tip: You can substitute some of the sweet paprika with smoked paprika in this baked chicken recipe.