1. Heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet and sear the chicken pieces on all sides until lightly golden. Remove the chicken and set aside. Season the seared chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
2. In the same skillet add the diced onion, garlic, carrot and olives.
3. Saute the vegetables for 3-4 minutes and add the rice.
4. When the rice turns translucent stir the paprika in until it start bubbling and deglaze with the white wine.
5. Add the diced tomatoes, chicken stock and bay leaves, and transfer everything in a baking dish.
6. Put the seared chicken pieces on top and bake covered for about 25 minutes at medium heat. Add more liquid if needed.
7. Uncover and cook the Arroz con Pollo for another 5-10 minutes until the chicken is nicely brown and the rice is cooked.
Tip: You can serve the arroz con pollo by filling a soup bowl lined up with cling wrap on the inside and then turning the bowl upside-down in a plate to form dome shapes as the one in the picture. Arroz con pollo translates to chicken and rice.