1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In medium saucepan bring 1 cup water to a boil, stir in 1/2 cup butter and salt.
2. Stir until melted. Add flour all at once and stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball.
3. Remove from heat and beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth.
4. Drop the batter by tablespoons onto greased baking sheet.
5. Bake until the shells are golden and cool them completely before piping in the pudding, prepared from the vanilla pudding mix and milk.
6. Sprinkle with the melted chocolate over the ready eclairs or just spread it with a spoon.
7. Garnish the custard-filled eclairs according to your taste.