1. Rince the rice several times until the water runs clear and place it in a rice cooker with the cold water.
2. While the rice is cooking, blanch the scallops by pouring boiling water over them in a bowl and let them stand for 2-3 minutes in the water, before cooling them down with cold water.
3. The scallops should be only half-cooked by then, but if you want you can fully cook them.
4. Blanch the asparagus as well the same way.
5. When the rice is cooked, let it stay for about 10 minutes before lifting the lid of the rice cooker.
6. After that stir the rice gently with a spatula and fan it for about 2 minutes.
7. Combine the rice vinegar and sugar and fold it into the rice.
8. Let the sushi rice stand for about 20 minutes to cool down and absorb the moisture of the seasoning.
9. Make 6 baseball-sized rice balls using slightly wet hands.
10. Wrap a bamboo sushi mat with cling wrap and spread the rice on the nori sheets over the bamboo mat.
11. Cut each scallops in the middle.
12. Turn the nori sheets with the rice facing down and place the ingredients in the middle of the nori lengthwise.
13. Close the sushi rolls using the bamboo mat and make 6 inside-out rolls.
14. Cut each scallop roll to 8 pieces.
14. If using smoked salmon, stick it on the outside of the sushi rolls before cutting them.
16. Serve the scallop sushi rolls with pickled ginger, soy sauce and wasabi.
17. Check my other sushi recipes, here.
18. Please, visit and subscribe to my video channel, where you can see videos of other sushi recipes and how to prepare the sushi rice.