Sausage, Potato & Peas Soup
2 smoked sausages, sliced,
4 potatoes, peeled and diced,
1 can green peas, drained,
2 carrots, peeled and diced,
1 medium onion, chopped,
2 garlic cloves, chopped,
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil,
1/2 tablespoon paprika,
2 tablespoons flour,
2 bay leaves,
salt and pepper to taste,
8 cups of water.
1. Heat the olive oil in a large heavy saucepan and saute the garlic and onion for about 3 minutes.
2. Add the sausage and paprika, and cook for 2 minutes more.
3. Add the flour and stir well, then start pouring the water slowly while using a whisk in order to break the flour clumps.
4. After this is done, add the rest of the ingredients, except the green peas, and bring the soup to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer the soup for 20 minutes.
6. Add the green peas 5 minutes before the soup is ready.
7. Adjust the seasoning if necessary, and serve.