1 - 6 oz. salmon fillet,
leaf lettuce, and as needed the following fruits and vegetables:
peeled and sliced mango,
peeled and diced papaya,
thinly sliced radish,
sliced red bell pepper,
grated yellow zucchini,
3-4 cherry tomatoes,
honey as needed,
lemon and salt and pepper to taste.
1. Place the salmon fillet over parchment paper in a baking dish.
2. Season with salt and brush with honey-garlic sauce.
3. Bake the salmon fillet in the oven until cooked and caramelized.
4. Re-apply the sauce as needed.
5. Clean the lettuce and put it in a mixing bowl.
6. Mix some honey and lemon juice to taste in 30 ml. of balsamic vinaigrette and add the dressing in the mixing bowl.
7. Add the other ingredients and toss well.
8. Place the caramelized salmon fillet on top of the salad and serve.
You can use any tropical fruits and fresh summer dressing for this light summer entree salad.
About the author: George Krumov is a Red Seal certified chef with many years of culinary experience working around the world in Europe, the Middle East, the cruise line industry and North America. In the last two decades he has headed the kitchens of several restaurants in Canada, and ran his own restaurant.