Making rice paper sushi is actually much easier than it seems. There is other ways to make sushi without using the seaweed nori sheets, but this one is the easiest and the best.
The sushi in the picture is a California roll, and unlike the regular California roll, this one is not inside-out.
I am not sure if you would be able to make an inside-out rice paper sushi, but there is no point in it anyways.
1. Boil 1 cup of water, place the rice paper in a plate in your sink and pour the water over it.
2. Wait for 10 seconds and drain the water, keeping the rice paper in the plate. Don't try to remove it otherwise it may crease and stick together.
3. Place 1 handful of sushi rice in the centre of the rice paper and spread it with wet fingers, leaving 1/2 inch not covered at the far end.
4. Place the other ingredients in the centre and roll the sushi with your hands.
5. Wrap a sushi mat with plastic wrap, take the roll in the sushi mat and press it gently just to shape it properly.
6. Cut the rice paper sushi to six or eight pieces and serve.
My video below is a tutorial on how to make rice paper vegetarian sushi roll.