1 lb. pork loin cut to 1" cubes,
4 celery sticks,
1 red bell pepper,
1 green bell pepper,
1 Spanish onion,
8 button mushrooms,
4 oz. sweet and sour sauce,
salt and pepper to taste.
1. Cut the peppers and onion to approximately 1-inch pieces.
2. With a small knife cut holes through the pork and vegetables and skewer them on the celery sticks.
3. Season the pork kabobs with salt and pepper and grill them over medium heat until slightly undercooked.
4. Put the grilled pork kabobs in an oven dish, pour some sweet and sour sauce over them, and bake in a preheated oven at 425 F for about 6-7 minutes.
5. Serve the pork kabobs over rice.
You can skewer the pork kabobs on a carrot stick instead of celery.
The best thing about using carrot or celery stick is that this way everything in the plate is edible and the kabobs can be cut easily with knife instead of pulling them apart.
About the author: George Krumov is a Red Seal certified chef with many years of culinary experience working around the world in Europe, the Middle East, the cruise line industry and North America. In the last two decades he has headed the kitchens of several restaurants in Canada, and ran his own restaurant.