1. Season the salmon fillets with salt and white pepper.
2. In a frying pan, heat the butter and saute the salmon on both sides until half cooked.
3. Remove the salmon fillets from the pan and set aside until they are cool enough to handle.
4. Mix in a bowl the grated Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, oregano, lemon zest and parsley.
5. In a separate bowl, beat the egg with the heavy cream.
6. Pat dry the sauteed salmon fillets to remove the grease and dip each fillet in the egg mixture, than press them gently in the Parmesan mix to encrust them completely.
7. Place the Parmesan encrusted salmon fillets on a greased baking sheet and bake them in a preheated oven at 375 F turning them only once.
8. Bake the parmesan encrusted salmon until the crust is golden, about 7-8 minutes on each side.
Also see my pesto encrusted salmon recipe, here, and the almond encrusted salmon in the fish recipes page.