1 cup rappini,
2 ounces red, yellow and green sliced bell peppers,
1 shallot, sliced,
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic,
the juice of 1 orange and lime,
5 large prawns,
2 tablespoons flour,
1 ounce light cream,
1 pinch chopped cilantro,
2 tablespoons butter,
1 ounce sunflower oil,
salt and pepper to taste.
1. In a skillet, heat half of the butter and sauté the rappini, sliced peppers, shallot, and season to taste.
2. Set aside and keep them warm.
3. Peel the tails of the prawns, leaving the tail ends in place, de-vein them, season with salt and pepper (or lemon-pepper seasoning) and dredge them in the flour.
4. Heat the rest of the butter and oil in the frying pan and cook the prawns on both sides, approximately for 2 minutes on each side.
5. In the same pan, while it is still hot, add the orange and lime juice, cream and chopped cilantro and reduce the sauce until thick.
6. Serve the prawns over the sauteed rappini and drizzle some of the sauce over them and serve the rest on the side.
About the author: George Krumov is a Red Seal certified chef with many years of culinary experience working around the world in Europe, the Middle East, the cruise line industry and North America. In the last two decades he has headed the kitchens of several restaurants in Canada, and ran his own restaurant.