Ingredients for 4 appetizer portions of stuffed mushrooms:
8 large mushroom cups (also called stuffers or silver dollar),
1/2 cup grated provolone cheese,
1/4 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained,
2 oz. sliced and diced prosciutto,
2 teaspoons basil pesto,
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil,
salt to taste.
1. Mix the provolone cheese, spinach and prosciutto in a bowl.
2. Wash the mushrooms and remove the stems.
3. Season them with salt and put little pesto inside every mushroom cup.
4. Fill the mushrooms with the stuffing and brush them outside with olive oil.
5. Arrange them on a baking tray and bake until the mushrooms are soft and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
You can mix some cream cheese in the stuffing for the mushrooms, if desired.
Also, after serving you can drizzle the mushrooms Florentine with some melted garlic butter.
About the author: George Krumov is a Red Seal certified chef with many years of culinary experience working around the world in Europe, the Middle East, the cruise line industry and North America. In the last two decades he has headed the kitchens of several restaurants in Canada, and ran his own restaurant.