1. Cook the bacon in a frying pan until almost crispy.
2. In a bowl mix the remaining ingredients, except the moose steaks, red wine and seasonings, and add the bacon bits and fat to the stuffing.
3. Deglaze the frying pan with the red wine and add it to the stuffing.
4. Lay the moose steaks flat on your kitchen table and season them with salt, freshly ground black pepper and sage, spread the stuffing over the four steaks evenly and roll them like roulades.
5. Tie them with butcher's twine.
6. Arrange the four stuffed moose steaks in a baking dish, cover them with aluminum foil and bake them in a preheated oven at 350 F for 45 minutes or until the meat is tender.
7. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes more.
8. Remove the moose steaks from the oven and keep them warm.
9. Make a gravy from the juice left in the baking dish by thickening it with some starch and/or table cream.
10. Serve the gravy over the stuffed moose steaks.