1. Cut the marlin steak to 4 thin slices. Marlin fish has strong, elastic flesh, similar to swordfish, so you can easily cut slices as thin as you like.
2. Heat the butter and olive oil in a pan and add the garlic and onion. Sauté the garlic and onion until soft.
3. Dust the marlin slices in the flour and add them together with the capers in the pan with the sauteed garlic and onion.
4. Sear the marlin on both sides and add the lemon juice, cream, fresh dill and white wine (if using).
5. Season the Marlin Piccata with salt and pepper to taste and serve it with a lemon wedge and a side of your choice.
I served the Marlin Piccata for this photo with Spinach Vermicelli tossed with diced red peppers, sweet corn, olive oil and garlic.