1/2 cup cooked lobster meat, diced; 1/2 cup cooked shrimp, diced; 2 egg yolks; 1/2 cup whole milk; 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour; 2 teaspoons baking powder;
3/4 teaspoon sea salt;
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper; 2 teaspoons oyster sauce; 2 teaspoons chopped parsley; 1 pinch chili powder; 1/3 cup crushed crackers, not salty; 2 egg whites stiffly beaten; 1 teaspoon chopped chives.
1. In a bowl, beat the egg yolks until creamy and add the milk, sifted flour, baking powder and chili powder.
2. Mix thoroughly until it is no longer lumpy and add the remaining ingredients and fold them in.
3. Let the mixture sit in a fridge for at least 15 minutes before frying.
4. Heat the oil in a deep-fryer to 350 F and start dropping the mixture by spoonfuls in the hot oil.
5. Fry until golden brown and drain on tissue paper.
6. Serve the lobster and shrimp fritters with lemon-mayo dip, tartar, roasted red pepper mayo or other sauce of your choice.
About the author: George Krumov is a Red Seal certified chef with many years of culinary experience working around the world in Europe, the Middle East, the cruise line industry and North America. In the last two decades he has headed the kitchens of several restaurants in Canada, and ran his own restaurant.