1. Bring 5 litres of salted water to a rolling boil and boil the noodles for 10 minutes, or according the package instructions.
2. Spread some meat sauce on the bottom of an 8' - 10' baking dish and arrange neatly 1 layer of the pasta without overlapping.
3. Spread some more meat sauce on top and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
4. Arrange the second layer crosswise.
5. Repeat the same for 5-6 layers, or until you run out of noodle.
6. Preserve extra cheese for the top of the lasagna.
7. Pour 1/2 cup of water around the edges of the lasagna, cover with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
8. Remove the foil for the last 5-10 minutes of cooking.
9. Let the lasagna sit for 10 minutes at room temperature before cutting and serving.
Tip: While layering the Lasagna Bolognese, alternate the layers with meat sauce with layers of béchamel with sauteed mushrooms.
You can, also, grate some smoked Gouda in the mozzarella for a little smoky flavor.