1. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and saute the diced lamb leg until brown.
2. Transfer the lamb in a casserole and heat the remaining 2 tablespoon of olive oil in the skillet.
3. Add the carrot, onion and garlic and saute until the onion is golden.
4. At that point, add the rice, green peas and herbs and saute until the rice becomes almost transparent.
5. Deglaze with the white wine and add the chicken stock.
6. Bring to a boil and pour everything in the casserole with the lamb.
7. Season to taste and cover the casserole with tin foil.
8. Bake the lamb risotto until the rice is cooked and the chicken stock is absorbed by the rice.
9. If needed, you can add some more chicken stock.
10. Serve the lamb risotto casserole with some freshly ground Parmesan cheese on the side and garnish with mint leaves.
Tip: Feel free to add whatever vegetables you like to the lamb casserole, aside from carrots and peas, such as mushrooms, celery, fennel, cauliflower, etc.
Click on the link for more Lamb Recipes from Chef George Krumov.