1. Place the nori on your kitchen counter with the shiny side down.
2. Place the ball of rice on one side over the nori, and spread it with wet fingers over a little more than one-third over the nori sheet, as in the second photo.
3. If you are using wasabi, it is necessary to apply it on the inside. Spread a little bit of wasabi over the rice, using your finger.
4. Place your ingredients diagonally over the rice, as seen in the picture.
5. Pull the nori sheet end on the side of the rice and roll the hand roll into a cone shape.
6. Wet the opposite end of the nori with a little bit of water in order to stick, and close the hand roll.
If you want to serve your hand rolls elegantly, you would need one of the serving dishes from the small picture above.