Ingredients for 4 servings of grilled langoustine:
16 langoustine or large prawns; 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil; 1 teaspoon chopped parsley; 1 tablespoon dried herbs mix (tarragon, oregano, basil, etc.); 1 large pinch chopped fresh dill; 1 tablespoon lemon juice; 1 teaspoon minced garlic; 1 teaspoon oyster sauce;
sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
1. Butterfly and de-vein the langoustine.
2. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade and brush the langoustine with it before grilling.
3. Grill them with the open side down over charcoal, or at home in a cast iron griddle pan, until they turn orange-red.
4. Turn the langoustine and grill the other side for about 1 minute.
5. Serve immediately with some fresh lemon.
Cooking tip: The same simple marinade can be used with many other kinds of seafood - fish, scallops, squid, etc.
About the author: George Krumov is a Red Seal certified chef with many years of culinary experience working around the world in Europe, the Middle East, the cruise line industry and North America. In the last two decades he has headed the kitchens of several restaurants in Canada, and ran his own restaurant.