1. Heat the olive oil in a large heavy pan and saute the garlic and onion for 2 minutes.
2. Chop the tomatoes and add them to the pan.
3. Cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce have the desired consistency.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and add some oregano.
5. Add the smoked salmon just a few minutes before you remove the sauce from the heat.
6. In the meantime, bring 4 litres of water, to which you have added a teaspoon of salt, to a boil, and drop the gnocchi.
7. When the water starts boiling again and the gnocchi rise to the surface,let them boil for 2 more minutes, strain them and toss them with the sauce.
8. Heat the sauce with the gnocchi briefly, remove from heat and serve immediately.
If you want to know how to make your own fresh gnocchi from scratch, check my recipe here.