AUTHENTIC PUERTO RICAN RECIPES
* Pork With Garbanzo Beans - Diced pork loin stewed with garbanzo beans.
* Camarones al Ajillo - Grilled garlic shrimp recipe.
* Pimientos Rellenos - Green bell peppers stuffed with ground meat.
* Puerto Rican Recipe For Lobster Filling For Pasteles - Traditional Christmas food.
* Arroz Con Pollo - Chicken and rice recipe with sofrito sauce.
* Puerto Rican Plantain Tostones - Double-fried plantain chips.
* Puerto Rican Seafood Paella - Recipe from the river and the sea in Puerto Rico.
* Tortilla De Papas - The Caribbean version of this famous Spanish snack (tapas).
Puerto Rican Food
The cuisine of Puerto Rico is greatly influenced by the Spanish cuisine, and to some extent by Africa, South America and the native inhabitants of the island - the Taino Indians. The locals use a lot of their indigenous food ingredients and seasonings and call their cuisine "cocina criolla". It is recognized for its distinctive flavors and the aromatic variety of their herbs and spices.
Chef George Krumov