1. Buy a yellow, ripe plantain, not when it's still green, because when it is ripe, the plantain is softer and more manageable and tastes better.
2. Grease the sides of a ramekin cup for crème brulee and put parchment paper on the bottom.
3. Cut a long slice of the plantain and fold it carefully along the inside of the ramekin cup.
4. Fill the plantain ring with chopped Brie, walnuts, berries and other diced fruit of your choice, and bake in a preheated oven at 375 F. until the sides of the plantain turn brown.
5. Sprinkle with sugar and cook for 5 minutes more or until caramelized.
6. Keep at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before serving.
7. Serve with lemon custard on the side as in the picture, and decorate with thin slices of mango.
This dessert is entirely natural and healthy, and like 99% of the recipes in my web site, is my very own creation. The picture of the plantain dessert has been copied a lot all over the internet, but this page is the original source.