1 fresh ripe tomato,
1 ball of about 3 oz. Bocconcini cheese (unripened mozzarella),
1 Tbsp. basil pesto,
1 small handful spring mix salad,
1 fresh rosemary sprig,
1 cucumber slice,
1 cherry tomato,
a drizzle of sweet balsamic reduction,
salt and pepper to taste.
1. Slice the bocconcini cheese ball to 4 slices and the tomato to 5 slices.
2. Alternate the tomato and bocconcini cheese slices one on top of the other, seasoning every tomato slice with little salt and every bocconcini slice with some pesto sauce.
3. Prepare a spear from the rosemary sprig and stick it through the cherry tomato and cucumber slice, and then through the caprese salad.
4. Spread the spring mix salad on the bottom of a pasta bowl and drizzle little balsamic reduction over it.
5. Serve the caprese salad over the spring mix and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley. Also see my other caprese salad recipe.
About the author: George Krumov is a Red Seal certified chef with many years of culinary experience working around the world in Europe, the Middle East, the cruise line industry and North America. In the last two decades he has headed the kitchens of several restaurants in Canada, and ran his own restaurant.